Monday, December 9, 2013

Catching up: December 4-9

(Just a reminder, I am following the ornament suggestions and scripture references from www.ourjessetree.blogspot.com)


Wow, I had no idea it would take me so long to find a minute to blog! I'll try to keep up a little better. My tree is finally finished- here it is:

My husband made the base from Sassafras wood, and I got the tree from Hobby Lobby. The ornaments are flour & water clay. here is a closeup of the 1st 8 ornaments:


The kids have LOVED waking up each day to find out what Lammy has been up to. Here's what the last week or so has looked like for us:


___________________________________________________________________________________
December 4:
Noah's Ark Ornament
Genesis 6:9-9:17 (we read the story of Noah's ark in the Egermeier's Story bible)
Lammy went bowling in the kitchen with my cans!




___________________________________________________________________________________
December 5:
Tent Ornament
Genesis 12:1-7, 15:1-6
We discussed God's promise to Abraham and how Jesus is the fulfillment of that promise.
Lammy hung toilet paper streamers on the kids' doors!


__________________________________________________________________________________
December 6:
Bundle of Twigs Ornament
Genesis 22:1-14
We talked about Abraham's willingness to obey God, even if it meant giving up his only son- and how God gave His only Son so we could be forgiven of our sins.
Lammy left some new friends under the tree for the kids to take care of!





___________________________________________________________________________________
December 7:
Ladder Ornament
Genesis 27:41-28:22
We discussed Jacob's ladder, and how Jesus is our ladder to God.
Lammy hid all of the stockings, leaving our socks in their places. At least there were prizes inside!!

Courtney left a note for Lammy: (Sorry, it's sideways)

It says, "Dear Lammy, What r u doing? How r u? Why r u so shy? Woold u come to our house? Thanks for the gifts. Thanks for calling Momma. I'm glad you did :) Love: Courtney"


___________________________________________________________________________________
December 8:
Coat of Many Colors Ornament
Genesis 37:1-36, 39:1-47:31

Lammy worte a note back to Courtney: (Again, sorry it's sideways) It says: "Dear Courtney, Thank you for your letter. I like letters. I would like to stay out during the day so you can see me, but I am nervous. I am afraid the baby will chew on my ears! Do you think your mom could put me away after you find me each morning? I like your mom. Maybe I will see you soon! love, Lammy. P.S. Read about Joseph's coat and how God used him to save many people!"



___________________________________________________________________________________
December 9:
Lamb Ornament
Exodus 12:1-30
We discussed the Passover and how it is a picture of how God passes over our sins when He sees Jesus in us.

Lammy covered our Christmas tree in cotton balls, and even made an ornament of himself!





_________________________________________________________________________________

And now for BIG NEWS!

Lammy has FINALLY arrived in the mail, so I can start leaving him out at night. Hooray for 10cent amazon deals! (No joke- he was 10 cents!!)

Thanks for following Lammy on his adventures. To tell you the truth, I'm winging it most nights as I set him up- but I am SO blessed by the conversations I've had with my 6 yr old about Jesus and salvation. At the end of every story, I simply ask, "What does that have to do with Christmas?" and the rest just flows. God is working in her life and in our family. It's been great so far- I can't wait till Christmas, when we talk about Jesus' birth!!

No comments:

Post a Comment